Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I think I am addicted to Indian barber services

So I was walking through town today coming back from the store and I thought to myself, maybe I need a hair cut. I just got one 2 weeks ago, but for 30 rupees ($.75) why not stay trimmed up right? SoI went in to one of the many barber shops in town and my man went to work. 15 minutes later after a cut, stright razor trim around the edges and a head message I was done. But I needed to shave tonight so I thought what the heck, why not let a professional do it. So for 20 rupees more, I got the cleanest shave of my life. Including all of the menthol facial massage, aftershave and the works. I know what you might be thinking. Straight razor shave in India, doesn't seem to hygenic or safe. I assure you, they use a fresh blade everytime. So for $1.50 including tip I get a 40 minute mini man spa. What an escape!!! So I feel like this might have to be a every 2 or 3 week ritual. Anyway, I just wanted to confess my new found addiction. Here's a shot from my last cut.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow almost as cheap as Mom's!

Sounds like good service and hopefully when Jane and I are able to make it out there I will be extra furry to partake in the man grooming.

Beats my deal in Singapore my suck in cut (they take a vacuum to your head after cutting) costs SG$10 (US$6.50).

Craig

Raphaela said...

What will be next, shopping at Jcrew and designer jeans? With all this pampering, are you going to turn into a metro sexual male?

Just kidding!

Smiles,
Raphaela

Unknown said...

What a deal! Mom read your blog and says hello!

M. Stacy said...

Hummm....wonder how much they would charge to wax your hairy gorilla back and chest $3.00 (US)? Surely you can save up for next time you go to the pool in Rishikesh.

Glad to hear you are doing well and taking care of your personal hygine, the bros are heading to the Gauley next weekend.