Thursday, August 2, 2007

Dentistry, Indian Style

So yesterday, I got my first real taste of Indian medical care. I went to the dentist to have a wisdom tooth removed. I have been having a problem with said tooth for a month or so, but I figured to would just wait till I got to India to take care of it. I heard about the very adequate dental care available in India so I thought I would give it a try. That and I maxed out my dental from my last job. All in all it was as good of an experience as one could expect from getting a wisdom tooth yanked. The dentists office is an interesting sight, modern enough yet weird in a small and slightly outdated way. Clean though, and that is what is most important. Half hour later I was walking out with a prescription and orders to not open my mouth thus removing pressure from the gauze wad jammed in the socket for an hour. A day later I feel almost as good as new. Thanks Dr. Thakral. Two thumbs up!!

No comments: