Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Namaste India

In Hindi the word Namaste essentially means hello and goodbye. However, literally it means I bow to you (Nama=bow, te=you). It is with this word that I now bid farewell to the place I have spent the past 10 months. I will not lie and tell you that every moment has been spectacular, there has been moments of sheer wonder and moments of utter boredom. Regardless, I leave this place a changed man, India has a way of doing that to you. However, I am very excited to get home. There is a quote by T.S.Elliot that I think is rather appropriate for this situation, "We shall not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started ...and know the place for the first time." This is what I am looking forward to.
Friday morning I board a plane for Singapore, then on to Bali for 3 weeks of relaxation, my brother's wedding and family time. Stay tuned for Bali stories.

2 comments:

Cherica said...

Wow! Very cool experience! Very inspiring. We actually met years ago, although I was a crazy person at the time. Really great story that you've shared.

a.Christa, u.Joe said...

Hi Chris,

Even though we enjoyed your experiences snd you do write a good story, we are very glad that you will be coming home. Enjoy that vacation in Bali and wish your brothers well.

Take care,
a.Christa & u.Joe