Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What a Wonderful Adventure

Well I am home safe and sound from another amazing adventure. This one took me deep into the heart of the Himalaya to a place called Har-Ki-Dun (literal translation; Har=Shiva Dun= Valley thus the name Valley of the Gods). It is going to take me a few days to digest all of the wonderful sights, experiences, and memories this past weekend has brought into my life. This area of the Himalayas is truly magical, as if taken from a storybook written many years ago. I can't wait to share it with you all. It is interesting how a trip like this can leave you with as much sadness and loss than joy. The local Garwhali people I spent time with this weekend are some of the most beautiful, wonderful, pure hearted poeple I have come across in my travels. When I encounter wonderful people and places like I have on this trip it saddens me to think that I may never see them again. I have experienced this many times in my travels, and it always leaves me a bit melancholy. Please stay tuned for a complete trip write up in the coming days.

Here is a small teaser photo from the top of Har-Ki-Dun Valley.

3 comments:

Nathan Eklund said...

Hello Chris.


My name is Nathan, writing from Minnesota. I've been reading your blog since you got to Woodstock. In fact I've been reading all the blogs that new staff are churning out. I'll need to drop a similar message sometime soon to all the bloggers.

I did my student teaching at Woodstock when I was a senior in college. Then my wife and I went and taught for a year right after we got married (98-99). Now we live back in MN and have two young boys. As soon as they're old enough, we plan to go back for a couple of years.

Reading your stories of hiking and riding your bike through the hills brings me back to the happiest moments of my life. I wish I could transport over and join you for a ride!

Thanks for your stories and letting those of us who miss the hills something wicked follow along. Say hello to the other bloggers. And eat some butter chicken from Goldens from me.

Yours,
Nathan

Mikeg said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! It looks like an amazing place!

I can't wait to hear all about your experiences! Travel is truly a life changing experience!

Katie said...

Anxiously awaiting more pictures and details!